Kyron T-314®Polacrilin Potassium
Kyron T-314 is derived from cross-linked polymer of Polycarboxylic acids as per USP/NF & has the K+ ionic form. It is a very high purity polymer used in pharmaceutical formulations as a super fast disintegrant as well as dissolution improver in solid dosage forms like tablets, capsules, pellets etc. It is available in white free flowing powder hence it is suitable for the both wet granulation as well as direct compression system for tablet formulations.
Kyron T-316 is a new innovative superfast disintegrant specially design for acidic drugs which enhances disintegration and dissolution of formulations.
As Disintegrating agent: Kyron T-314 and Kyron T-316 has a very high swelling tendency of hydration either in contact with water or G.I. fluids causing fast disintegration without the formation of lumps and thus acts as an effective tablet super disintegrant. It can be used during mixing and/or at lubrication stage.
Examples: Immediate release tablets, Herbal tablets, Mouth dissolving tablets etc.
As Dissolution Improver: Kyron T-314 and Kyron T-316 breaks the tablets into very smaller particles, thus it increases the effective surface area for the absorption of the active substances and thus it increases the dissolution and bioavailability of the active substances.
Examples for KyronT-314: Cefuroxime Axetil, Cefpodoxime Proxetil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Telmisartan, Glimepiride, Gliclazide, Ondansetron etc.
Examples for Kyron T-316: Ciprofloxacin HCl, Levofloxacin HCl, Fexofenadine HCl etc.
- Rapid disintegrating agent
- Elimination of lump formation
- Compatible with all therapeutic agents and excipients
- Imparts excellent strength to the tablets
- Elimination of the sticking problems to the dies and punch
- Improves bioavailability of the drug
- Uniformly mix with low dose tablets blend or formulations
- Smooth surface after storage
- Provide smooth cream-like mouth feel, so more suitable for ODT
- Suitable for both direct compression and wet granulation methods
- Cost effective
- White in color
- Directly compressible grade
- Dissolution improver
- Effective at very low concentration (0.5 to 4.0%).
Kyron T-314 is high molecular weight polymer, so doesn't get absorbed by body tissue and is safe for human consumption. It has no physiological action at recommended dosage and it is non toxic.
Store in tightly closed container. Keep away from moisture. If moisture is absorbed then dry at 90°C to 100°C to remove moisture content and make it below 10%.
- Five years from the date of manufacturing in intact condition.
10 kg and 25 kg, net in laminated fiber drum with polyethylene liner.