Kyron range is derived from cross linked polyacrylic polymer used in pharmaceutical industry for taste masking of bitter drugs and for drug stabilization.
Taste masked complex of bitter drug can be used for following formulations:
- Dry syrup
- Mouth dissolving tablet / Dispersible tablet / Chewable tablet
Traditional grades are designed for taste masking of wide range of bitter APIs by use of single taste masking polymer. They are widely used in various dosage forms like suspension, dry syrups, mouth dissolving tablets, dispersible tablets etc.
|Pharmacopoeia||In house||In house||Polacrilin potassium USP/NF||Sodium polystyrene sulfonate USP||Calcium polystyrene sulphonate BP||In house||In house|
|Type||Weak acid||Weak acid||Weak acid||Strong acid||Strong acid||Strong acid||Weak base|
|Drug to be masked||Cefixime Trihydrate, Lornoxicam, Solifenacin Succinate, Dimenhydrinate, Flucloxacillin etc.||Ofloxacin, Dextrometh-orphan Hbr, Dicyclomine HCl, Domperidone, Carbonyl Iron, etc.||Ambroxol HCl, Amodiaquine HCl, Artemether, Lumefantrine Sparfloxacin etc.||Erythromycin EthylSuccinate, Aceclofenac, Ranitidine Hcl, Hyperkalemia (as an active) etc.||Hyperkalemia (as an active)||Erythromycin Stearate etc.||Dicloxacillin Sodium etc.|
Drug specific grades are designed for the taste masking of specific drugs for excellent taste masking and stability. As pH adjustment step is critical and time consuming, whereas pH adjustment is not required with drug specific Kyron grades. Thus, they are cost-effective and time saving.
|Kyron||T-114A||T-114C||T-114N (Polacrilex)||T-142||T-134 (DR)||T-135 (AZ)||T-135 (RX)||T-135 (CP)|
|Pharmacopoeia||In house||In house||In house||In house||In house||In house||In house||In house|
|Drug to be masked||Chloroquine phosphate, Quinine sulphate||Cefuroxime axetil, Cefpodoxime proxetil||Nicotine Polacrilex USP, Stabilization Vitamin B12||Norfloxacin||Zinc sulphate, Ferrous sulphate, Sildenafil citrate||Azithromycin dihydrate||Roxithromycin||Ciprofloxacin HCl|
Ready to use grades are drug specific taste masking system enables formulator a single step process. It contains taste masking polymer (i.e. Kyron), sweetener, suspending agent, preservatives, color, flavor and other desire excipients. It is available in various flavors like Banana, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry, Peppermint flavor etc. and also as per customer's requirement.
|Pharmacopoeia||In house||In house||In house||In house|
|Drug to be masked||Ciprofloxacin HCl||Azithromycin dihydrate||Azithromycin dihydrate||Ibuprofen|
Note: Ready to use grades can not be used for tablet formulation. Tablet grades are available upon request.
- Excellent taste masking of bitter drugs.
- Fine powder taste masking.
- Over night soaking is not required for complexation.
- Washing of Kyron / complex is not required.
- Provide self disintegration property to the tablets.
- Improve stability of liquid / solid formulations.
- Allows high drug loading.
- Compatible with most of the drugs.
- Very user-friendly and cost-effective.
- Consistent quality.
- No adverse effect on drug bioavailability.
- Excellent taste masking and no bitterness.
- It increases productivity tremendously as it is only single step process.
- No other excipients are required and very easy to formulate.
- Superior quality and good patient compliance.
- Only 15-20 minutes stirring with drug is required for taste masking.
- Drying of complex is not required to formulate dry syrup.
Kyron range is a very high molecular weight polymer so after decomplexation it does not absorb in body and thus it has no toxicological effect.
At low temperature not exceeding 45°C. Protect from moisture.
- Traditional grades: Five years from the date of manufacturing in intact condition.
- Ready to use grades: Two years from the date of manufacturing in intact condition.
- 10 kg and 25 kg fiber drum with polyethylene liner.